Tuesday, May 19, 2015

1st class



Impressions of first video - 1st class

The film I just washed was heavily edited and showed a lot of layers I don't know exactly what I took away from it other than seeing some techniques being used that I am unfamiliar with the shapes stood out to me above all other images as similar shakes morphed into each other and movement was a constant fight against stillness the images of people and the airplane didn't seem to fit which I really liked because it allowed me to be distracted from the constant image bombardment of numerous layers of the edit. It looked like scratching was done to the film to give it a really radical appearance, the music was very cool and worked well within the rambunctiousness of the video. I don't recall feeling like there was an obvious story to tell in the film but if I saw it again I might be able to make something up. This seemed to be more of a mash up of cutting and screwing around with the edit but it looks pretty neat

No comments:

Post a Comment